Wodonga is a city situated on the Victorian side, 300 kilometers from Melbourne, Australia. Neighboring Wodonga, over the outskirt is the New South Wales city of Albury. Wodonga is found completely inside the boundaries of Wodonga LGA. The city is quite unique in its own way and has a lot of attractions for tourists.
Established as a customs post with its twin city Albury on the opposite side of the Murray River, the town became grew to the opening of the primary scaffold over the Murray in 1860. Initially named Wodonga, its name was changed to Belvoir then later back to Wodonga. It is the site of an Australian Army logistics base and a preparation centre for Army specialized understudies, which is based at Latchford Barracks.
POPULATION OF WODONGA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Wodonga in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –37,110
- 2013 –37,681
- 2014 –38,131
- 2015 –38,559
- 2016 – 39,139
The population of Wodonga in 2017 is forecasted to be 39,139 + 458 = 39,597. So, the population of Wodonga in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 39,597.
Wodonga Population 2017 – 39,597 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF WODONGA:
57.1% of the general population living in Wodonga are beyond 15 years old and who recognize as being in the work power are utilized full time, 30.4% are working part time. The city has an unemployment rate of 6.7%. 29.6% of homes are completely possessed and 30.9% are being bought by home credit contract. 36.6% of homes are leased. The average income is $523 every week and the middle family unit wage is $931 every week.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF WODONGA:
The population density of Wodonga is 94 persons per square kilometer. Its population growth proceeds is going from strength to strength with the most recent figures demonstrating a 2.2% increment.
The city is following a 2.1% expansion for the 2013 period. Wodonga remains the quickest developing center among its North Eastern neighbors as well Albury. It additionally continues being the quickest growing cities, quicker than Ballarat, Greater Bendigo and Geelong. Wodonga is positioned fourteenth as far as population growth rate is concerned.
FACTS ABOUT WODONGA:
- The city has a climate like that of the Gold Coast, with normal temperatures running from 15° to 34°C in summer to 3.5° to 14°C during winter. The average yearly precipitation is around 585MM.
- For the individuals who love wagering on horse races, the city has a steed hustling club called the Wodonga and District Turf Club which plans around seven race gatherings a year including the Wodonga Cup.
- To get around the town, visitors can utilize the rail from Wodonga railroad station or the Dyson Group bus services. For those with a distinct fascination to see Wodonga closely, you will be satisfied to realize that there is an intricate system of bicycle paths in Wodonga.
- Despite the fact that Wodonga is viewed as the younger sibling to Albury, it has the same number of attractions as Albury. Truth be told, for the spending voyager, you are in an ideal situation staying in Wodonga while touring the twin urban communities.
- It is home to 3 Australian football clubs, including Wodonga Football Club.