Toowoomba is a city situated in the Darling Downs locale of Queensland, Australia. It is found 125 KM west of Queensland’s capital city Brisbane via road. A college and house of prayer city, that has the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers every September and national championship events for mountain biking and motocross. There are more than 150 public stops and gardens in Toowoomba. It has formed into a territorial place for business and government services. It is likewise alluded to as the capital of the Darling Downs.
POPULATION OF TOOWOOMBA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Toowoomba in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –110,855
- 2013 –112,110
- 2014 –113,370
- 2015 –114,622
- 2016 – 115,868
The population of Toowoomba in 2017 is forecasted to be 115,868 + 1255 = 117,123. So, the population of Toowoomba in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 117,123.
Toowoomba Population 2017 – 117,123 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF TOOWOOMBA:
The average age of the general population in Toowoomba is 39 years old. 76.3% of individuals living in the suburb of Toowoomba City were born in Australia itself. The other top reactions for nation of birth were 2.7% England, 1.8% New Zealand, 1.2% China , 1.0% India, 1.0% America, 0.5% Netherlands, 0.5% Ireland, 0.4% South Africa, 0.4% Malaysia.
83.7% of individuals living in Toowoomba City communicate in English. The other top dialects spoken are 7.9% Language spoken at home not divulged, 1.4% Other, 0.6% Italian, 0.5% Arabic, 0.5% French, 0.4% Other.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF TOOWOOMBA:
The population density of the city is 948 persons per square kilometer. Population projections show that the city could be home to as many as 234,706 individuals by the year 2036. The figures released by the Queensland Government’s Statistician’s Office, provide medium and high population situations for the Toowoomba Local Government Area. A high situation demonstrates the population could move to 179,860 inside the following seven years, almost 25,000 more than the figure for 2011.
Toowoomba currently has a slow growth of in terms of population but as the reports suggests, there could be possible increase in the number of people at a faster rate in future.
FACTS ABOUT TOOWOOMBA:
- Toowoomba’s provincial history follows back to 1816 when English botanist known as Allan Cunningham touched base in Australia from Brazil and in June 1827 and found 4 million sections of land of rich cultivating and grazing land.
- Toowoomba is located on the peak of the Great Dividing Range, around 700 meters above sea level. A couple of boulevards are on the eastern side of the edge of the extent, yet the greater part of the city is west of the divide.
- It is the sixteenth-biggest city in Australia, the 6th biggest in Queensland, after Brisbane.
- The city has formed into a territorial community for business and government services. It is likewise alluded to as the capital of the Darling Downs.
- The city’s image for being The Garden City is highlighted amid the Australian Carnival of Flowers celebration held in September every year. Deciduous trees from around the globe line a significant number of the parks, giving a presentation of harvest time shading.