Sunbury is a town found 40.4 kilometers north-west of Melbourne, Australia. At the 2011 evaluation, Sunbury had a populace of 33,062. Factually, Sunbury is considered some a part of Greater Melbourne. The Victorian government’s 2009 choice to broaden the Urban Growth Boundary saw Sunbury consumed by Melbourne’s rural extension in 2011.
The Sunbury territory has a few critical Aboriginal archaeological locales, including five earth rings, which were distinguished in the 1970s and 1980s and accepted to have been utilized for formal social affairs. Records of corroborees as well as other expansive social affairs amid early settlement authenticate the significance of the region for Aboriginal individuals of the Wurundjeri tribe. The town has a rich past history attached to it.
POPULATION OF SUNBURY IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Sunbury in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –33,912
- 2013 –34,781
- 2014 –36,041
- 2015 –36,988
- 2016 – 37,910
Taking a look at the population of Sunbury from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 3998 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 799. Hence, the population of Sunbury in 2017 is forecasted to be 37,910 + 799 = 38,709. So, the population of Sunbury in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 38,709.
Sunbury Population 2017 – 38,709 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SUNBURY:
51.0% of the occupants are hitched, 33.1% have never been married, 8.1% are separated and around 3.4% are isolated. There are about 1182 widowed people living in the city. 60.9% of the general population living in Sunbury are beyond 15 years old and distinguish as being in the work force are utilized full time, 29.0% are on a part time basis. The city has an unemployment rate of 4.4%.
89.4% of individuals living in Sunbury communicate in English. The other top languages are 3.4% No religion, 1.2% Italian, 0.9% Other, 0.6% Maltese, 0.4% Greek, 0.3% Croatian, 0.3% Spanish, 0.3% Arabic.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SUNBURY:
The population density of Sunbury is 1496 persons per square kilometer. The number of inhabitants in Sunbury is required to twofold in the following 25 years from roughly 36,000 in 2011 to around 73,000 in 2036. Presently, the population growth rate isn’t upto the mark yet as said above, the population growth rate would accelerate in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT SUNBURY:
- The aggregate sum of cash lost on gaming machines situated in Sunbury, per head of grown-up population is $622 (2012-13).
- The way of life of Sunbury up until the mid-1980s was mostly White and some other minor ethnic gatherings. It has just been in the most recent 20 years that Sunbury has seen an expansion of different nationalities (predominately from from New Zealand and the United Kingdom).
- The Railway Station of the town is connected by Metro services to Melbourne and by V/Line administrations on the Bendigo train line to Melbourne.
- There are likewise numerous food outlets situated in Sunbury, for example, Nando’s, pizza eateries, fish and chip shops and Asian eateries. Sunbury likewise has numerous extraordinary little bistros to eat at, for example, The Spotted Owl, bistro Circe and Mac’s Lounge. Sunbury, additionally has a Reading Cinema situated alongside the railway station.
- In the mid 1970s, the region which was generally provincial got to be well known in Australia as the site of the Sunbury Pop Festival, which was held every year from 1972 to 1975.