Shepparton is a city situated on the floodplain of the Goulburn River in north Victoria. As per the 2011 Census, the number of inhabitants in the region was 29,553, while the number of inhabitants in the whole Shepparton-Mooroopna urban center was about 42,741.
It started as a sheep station and waterway crossing in the mid-nineteenth century, before experiencing a noteworthy change as a railway town. Today it is a farming and manufacturing point and a center of the Goulburn Valley watering system framework, one of the biggest watering system in Australia. It is additionally a noteworthy provincial administration city. The city is well known for its rich history and there are certain places that you can visit within the city to know about the glorious past of Shepparton.
POPULATION OF SHEPPARTON IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Shepparton in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –47,988
- 2013 –48,457
- 2014 –48,925
- 2015 –49,371
- 2016 – 49,845
The population of Shepparton in 2017 is forecasted to be 49,845 + 442 = 50,287. So, the population of Shepparton in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 50,287.
Shepparton Population 2017 – 50,287 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SHEPPARTON:
The main religion in Shepparton is Christianity. In the 2011 Census, the most well-known religion in the city were Catholic 27.2%, No Religion 19.4%, Islam 13.2%, Anglican 8.2% and Uniting Church 7.1%. In the Shepparton area, figures were somewhat diverse. The most widely recognized reactions for religion in the territory were Catholic 27.7%, Anglican 20.2%, No religion 14.7%, Uniting Church 8.4% and Islam 4.9%.
The city has Victoria’s second biggest Aboriginal community after Melbourne, making up around 10% of the city’s population. The convergence of Indigenous Australians is the biggest of any Victorian city and is 4 times more than the national average. Shepparton has an extensive immigrant community, with individuals from spots, for example, India, Afghanistan, Greece, Italy, Macedonia and additionally numerous different spots.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SHEPPARTON:
The population density of Shepparton is 180 persons per square kilometer. The report by the government Department of Infrastructure and Transport demonstrates the annual population growth in the country is 1.5%. Be that as it may, in Shepparton, it is only 0.9%. The population growth rate is expected to escalate slightly to 1.2% in the years to come.
FACTS ABOUT SHEPPARTON:
- The city started as a sheep station and stream crossing. It later turned into an essential railway town. Today it is an agrarian and manufacturing city.
- The name of Shepparton is taken from the surname of the town’s first European settler, Sherbourne Sheppard, and not from Shepperton, England.
- Before the European settlement in the country, the zone was occupied by the Yorta, an indigenous Australian individuals generally possessing the area around the intersection of the Goulburn and Murray Rivers in current-day Victoria and southern New South Wales. The Yorta tribe which occupied the Shepparton range were known as the Kailtheban.
- It has a semi-arid weather with hot summers and cool winters. The most sultry summer month is January, when the temperature touches around 31.7 degrees Celsius.
- Shepparton’s fundamental businesses are horticulture and manufacturing. Australia’s biggest processor of canned natural products, SPC Ardmona, a completely possessed subsidiary of Coca-Cola Amatil, has creation facilities in the city.