Rockhampton is a city in Queensland, Australia. The evaluated urban population of Rockhampton in June 2014 was 80,345. Rockhampton has countless and significant business managerial workplaces for the central, beach front part of the state. As the name suggests, it is a fantastic place for rock climbing it is a once in a lifetime experience to out that adventure. The city is also a good place if you are crazy about shopping, the old sites will make you fall in love with the beauty of the city. The best way to tour the whole city is to take a bicycle and visit the corners of the city by yourself.
Rockhampton encounters more than 300 days of daylight every year, which fits tourism activities throughout the entire year and a wealth of open air exercises. Famous attractions incorporate Riverbank Parklands, a riverfront parkland fascination situated on the banks of Fitzroy River; the Capricorn Coast and Great Keppel Island.
POPULATION OF ROCKHAMPTON REGION IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Rockhampton in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –80,900
- 2013 –81,000
- 2014 –82,300
- 2015 –83,150
- 2016 – 84,000
The population of Rockhampton in 2017 is forecasted to be 84,000 + 820 = 84,820. So, the population of Rockhampton in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 84,820.
Rockhampton Region Population 2017 – 84,820 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ROCKHAMPTON:
78.3% of individuals living in the suburb of Rockhampton City were born in Australia itself. The other top immigrants are from 2.0% New Zealand, 1.3% England, 0.6% Philippines, 0.5% India, 0.3% China, 0.3% Bangladesh, 0.3% United States of America, 0.2%, 0.2% Samoa, and 0.2% Iran. 27.6% of individuals are married, 45.4% have never been and 14.2% are separated and 5.4% are isolated. There are 138 widowed people living in Rockhampton City.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ROCKHAMPTON:
The population density of Rockhampton is 6 persons per square kilometer. Rockhampton is encountering a considerable growth in population, as indicated by new figures. The number of inhabitants in Rockhampton has expanded by 12.25% to 180,301 since 2006. There is a high plausibility that the population growth rate may heighten at a speedy pace.
FACTS ABOUT ROCKHAMPTON:
- Rockhampton is frequently alluded to as the Beef Capital of Australia which offers a wide blend of way of life and business opportunities.
- Rockhampton Zoo is situated inside the Rockhampton Botanic Gardens and adjacent the Murray tidal pond. It is home to more than fifty types of creatures from over Australia and extraordinary creatures from around the globe. The Zoo incorporates an Australian Walkabout Zone which incorporates kangaroos, koalas, chimpanzees, lion macaques, saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles and the uncommon cassowary.
- Rockhampton Art Gallery is home to one of the best provincial craftsmanship accumulations in Australia. The Gallery is controlled by Rockhampton Regional Council and its main goal is to convey an advancing, bona fide experience of Australian and global workmanship and societies.
- Nature lovers will love investigating Mount Archer National Park with its tremendous scope of local plants and wildflowers. The mountain itself is 604 meters above sea level and offers wonderful views of Rockhampton and the coast.
- The Rockhampton Heritage Village is a dynamic township gallery where you’ll have the capacity to venture back in time and find the locale’s rich history.