Palmerston is a satellite city of Darwin, the biggest city and the capital in Australia’s Northern Territory. Palmerston is located close to Darwin Harbor and had a population of about 27,618 at the 2011 registration, making it the second biggest city in the meagerly populated Northern Territory. Palmerston is as of now the quickest developing city in the Northern Territory and has quickly in the past held the title of the fastestst developing city in down under. The city is well known for its natural views which attracts a lot of people from the country for a short vacation in this scenic town.
There are about eighteen sub urban areas in Palmerston, ten of them are near the Palmerston downtown area. Palmerston is generally private with two light mechanical zones in the north side of the city.
POPULATION OF PALMERSTON IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Palmerston in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –31,000
- 2013 –34,000
- 2014 –36,400
- 2015 –39,000
- 2016 – 43,000
Taking a look at the population of Palmerston from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 12,000 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 2400. Hence, the population of Palmerston in 2017 is forecasted to be 43,000 + 2400 = 45,400. So, the population of Palmerston in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 45,400.
Palmerston Population 2017 – 45,400 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF PALMERSTON:
As of the 2006 Census, there were 23,614 individuals dwelling in 9,000 family units. The average age of people in the city was 28 years. 18.9% of the number of inhabitants in Palmerston were youngsters between 5–14 years, and 47.1% were people around 25–54 years. 74.8% of its population are Australian born, with the greatest abroad origination were, English 2.9%, New Zealand 1.9%, Papua New Guinea 0.6% and East Timor 0.4%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF PALMERSTON:
The population density and growth of Palmerston is 9 persons per square kilometer. Palmerston alongside Darwin is one of the quickest developing urban areas in the Northern Territory and in Australia. Palmerston recorded the quickest increment of population of all the Local Government Areas in the Northern Territory. It grew by 1,300 individuals, growing by 5%. The quickest growth happened inside Palmerston which incorporates suburbs of Farrar Rosebery, Gunn and Palmerston City. By 2017 the number of inhabitants in Palmerston will be almost half the size of Darwin’s population, and the consolidated Palmerston-Litchfield population will be more than 4 000 as compared to the city of Darwin.
FACTS ABOUT PALMERSTON:
- The Palmerston area is secured by the Local Government Area of Palmerston. The council was made in 1985. The council chambers are situated in the Palmerston City Center.
- Palmerston has around 12,945 individuals in the work power. The unemployment rate in the city was 2.3%, which was well beneath the Northern Territory average of 4.3%.
- The city is served by eight elementary schools and two secondary schools as well as three non – government schools.There are more than 5,867 essential and optional students selected in Palmerston with 2,942 students going to primary school and about 1,292 students going to secondary education.
- It has a skate park situated on University Avenue that is supported by the Palmerston City Council.
- Palmerston is very much served by its numerous park reserves. A few stops likewise offer coin-worked public grill facilities.