Mount Gambier is the second most crowded city in South Australia with a population of around 25,199 in the urban region, if related peri-urban communities are incorporated (2011 Census). The city is situated on the inclines of Mount Gambier (fountain of liquid magma) around 450 kilometers from Adelaide and about 17 kilometers from the Victorian border. It is the most note worthy settlement in the Limestone Coast area and the seat of government for Mount Gambier and the District Council of Grant. Mount Gambier is also well known for trekking and rock climbing activities and you can try it out by spending just a few dollars.
POPULATION OF MOUNT GAMBIER IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Mount Gambier in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –28,390
- 2013 –28,564
- 2014 –28,770
- 2015 –28,929
- 2016 – 29,040
The population of Mount Gambier in 2017 is forecasted to be 29,040 + 165 = 29,205. So, the population of Mount Gambier in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 29,205.
Mount Gambier Population 2017 – 29,205 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF MOUNT GAMBIER:
As indicated by the 2006 Census, the number of inhabitants in the Mount Gambier enumeration territory was 24,905 individuals, making it the biggest urban area in the state outside Adelaide, and the 50th biggest urban zone in Australia. Roughly 51.7% of the population were female, 84.9% were born in Australia and more than 91.5% of inhabitants were Australian residents as well as 1.6% were indigenous. The most well known ventures for livelihood were Timber Dressing (8%), School Education (4.8%), while the unemployment rate is about 7%. The middle week family pay is A$814 contrasted of $924 in Adelaide. As indicated by the 2006 Census, 60.0% of inhabitants distinguished themselves as being Christian.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF MOUNT GAMBIER:
The population density of Mount Gambier is 943.7 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city is pretty normal and along these years the population grew at a very steady rate. It is expected that the rate of growth of population keep growing in the same pace.
FACTS ABOUT MOUNT GAMBIER:
- The city is known for its topographical components, especially its volcanic and limestone highlights, most eminently its Blue Lake, caverns and sinkholes.
- Mount Gambier’s urban zone is found for the most part along the northern slants and plain of a maar volcano, Mount Gambier. Including a few craters, it is a piece of the Newer Volcanics Province complex of volcanoes. One of these contains an enormous pool of top notch artesian drinking water, which changes shading with the seasons
- The town has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate. It has warm dry summers and cool wet winters. July is the wettest month with about 99.6 mm falling on 22 days whilst February ordinarily records the least precipitation with an average of 25 mm.
- The economy of the town is driven by the three financial segments, however it has developed as a territorial administration economy with its primary industry being the administration industry and its key territories of business including tourism, retail, education, government administration.
- Tourism produces around $100 million for the Mount Gambier economy. The city is a noteworthy gateway for the region.