Mooroopna is a country town found 181 kilometers north of Melbourne, Australia. It is on the banks of the Goulburn River inverse the bigger town of Shepparton. The Midland Highway crosses the waterway between the two towns. At the 2011 evaluation, Mooroopna had a population of 7,813.
The name Mooroopna was utilized by the first Kaieltheban tribe living in the zone and signified deep water hole. This alludes to a deep part of the Goulburn River behind the old Mooroopna Hall. Mooroopna was initially part of the Shire of Waranga, declared in 1865. With boundary changes it turned into a riding of the Shire of Rodney in the year 1886.
POPULATION OF MOOROOPNA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Mooroopna in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –7850
- 2013 –7913
- 2014 –7978
- 2015 –8010
- 2016 – 8152
Taking a look at the population of Mooroopna from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 302 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 60. Hence, the population of Mooroopna in 2017 is forecasted to be 8152 + 60 = 8212. So, the population of Mooroopna in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 8212.
Mooroopna Population 2017 – 8212 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF MOOROOPNA:
In the 2011 statistics, the number of inhabitants in Mooroopna was 7,813 and there were roughly 51.5% females and 48.5% males. The average age of the general population in Mooroopna is 38 years old.
85.8% of occupants living in the suburb of Mooroopna were actually born in Australia. The other top nationals from other countries were 1.8% England, 1.2% Italy, 0.9% New Zealand, 0.6% India, 0.4% Netherlands, 0.3% Thailand, 0.2% Philippines, 0.2% Germany, 0.1% South Africa, 0.1% Malaysia.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF MOOROOPNA:
The population density of Mooroopna is 2.08 persons per square kilometer. Amid the interwar period, its population growth was unobtrusive, the primary growth factor being the opening of the Ardmona natural product cannery in 1922. The population growth of Mooroopna is one of the lowest and it is expected to continue in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT MOOROOPNA:
- Isolated just by the Goulburn River from Shepparton, the town opposed numerous moves for amalgamation, yet was constrained into union with its bigger neighbor in 1994 with the formation of the City of Greater Shepparton.
- In the first place, industry rotated around the preparing of grains and organic product but in the previous 30 years the city has turned into an alluring residential location for adjacent Shepparton. The town now comprises of for the most part residential areas, numerous parks, gardens and a few processing plants.
- Amid the football season, local people bolster the Mooroopna Football Netball Club, situated at the John Gray Oval and contending in the Goulburn Valley Football League. The team colors are White and Navy Blue.
- The Historical Society of Mooroopna was built up in 1983 and exists to gather, group and show things and material items to the historical backdrop of Mooroopna and the encompassing region. The Society’s exhibition hall and display is situated at 30 Park Street.
- Like other towns, Mooroopna was flooded with lodgings and holy places, the impact and quantities of both having declined subsequent to the Second World War. Likewise, as different towns, Mooroopna lost young people to wars in South Africa and in Asia and has a few remembrances recording their names.