Mackay is a city on the eastern shore of Queensland, Australia. It is situated around 970 kilometers north of Brisbane, on the Pioneer River. The city is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia since its district produces more than 33% of Australia’s genuine sweetener. The city has a lot to offer for sea food lovers and if you are by chance crazy about prawns and shrimps, you should definitely try out the different types of sea food offered here.
There is contention about the area of the locale for managerial purposes, with the vast majority alluding to it as a piece of either Central Queensland or North Queensland. The range which is presently Mackay City was initially occupied by the nearby Yuibera individuals.
POPULATION OF MACKAY IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Mackay in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –119162
- 2013 –121768
- 2014 –123335
- 2015 –123724
- 2016 –124108
- 2017 –124520 (estimated)
The population of Mackay in 2017 is forecasted to be 124108 + 412 = 1,24,520. So, the population of Mackay in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1,24,520.
Mackay Population 2017 – 1,24,520 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF MACKAY:
The religious combination of Mackay is 28.5% Catholic, 20.8% No religion, 12.2% Anglican, 14.5% Religious association not expressed, 6.2% Uniting Church,1.8 Hinduism 2.8% Presbyterian, 1.5% Christian, 1.4% Baptist. 70.1% of the general population living in Mackay are beyond 15 years old and who distinguish as being in the work force are utilized full time, 19.6% are working part time and the city has an unemployment rate of 4.9%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF MACKAY:
The population density of Mackay is 2897 persons per square kilometer. Its population growth is on an upward way with an estimate 56% increment in the quantity of individuals living in the locale in the following 20 years, as indicated by the most recent figures released by the Queensland Government Statistician’s Office. Analysis of new Australian Statistics information demonstrates the locale’s population grew by 27,098 individuals from 2004 to 2014.
The city’s population is relied upon to grow from 182,000 individuals in 2014 to 284,200 individuals in 2036, with its local economy and beach front way of life pulling in individuals to the city and making positive momentum in the property market.
FACTS ABOUT MACKAY:
- It has as of late experienced a mysterious change by method for an interesting community arts venture. Involving more than 580 bits of workmanship, the general topic delineates the ecological excellence of the Natural North.
- The city has the character of a modern city with a history. There are more than 250 shops and administrations in the city, including banks, retail chains and inns.
- In the event that you are occupied with the frontier days of the area, a trek to Greenmount Homestead, 18 KM west of Mackay is exceedingly prescribed.
- Feel near the historical backdrop of Mackay by following the Heritage Walk. You’ll discover an inn made in 1889 that slaked the thirst of many unpleasant and prepared stick cutters for over a century.
- Mackay’s nearby vicinity to the Great Barrier Reef and a portion of the world’s most prized rain-forests makes it a traveler destination for a large number of tourists.