Geraldton is a beach front city in the Mid West area of Western Australia, found 424 kilometers north of Perth. At the 2011 enumeration, Geraldton had a population of 35,749. The city is the seat of government for the city of Greater Geraldton, which additionally fuses the town of Mullewa and extensive country regions already shaping the shires of Mullewa. Since it is a port town, you would find many water sports facilities provided and also there are many sea food restaurants around the town. The temperatures of Geraldton mostly remain quite hot during the day but can also cool down during the evening.
The Port of Geraldton is a noteworthy west coast seaport. It is an essential administration and logistics community for local mining, wheat, sheep and tourism ventures. The Australian Army second Division, keeps up a presence and depot in main Geraldton. Geraldton has a sister city association with Zhejiang, China
POPULATION OF GERALDTON IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Geraldton in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –37,000
- 2013 –38,200
- 2014 –39,000
- 2015 –39,825
- 2016 – 40,100
The population of Geraldton in 2017 is forecasted to be 40,100 + 760 = 40,860. So, the population of Geraldton in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 40,860.
Geraldton Population 2017 – 40,860 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF GERALDTON:
In the 2011 registration, the number of inhabitants in Geraldton was 3,462 and around 53.5% females and 46.5% males. The average age of the general population in Geraldton is 38 years old.
74.7% of the people living in Geraldton were born in Australia. The other top reactions for nation of birth were 3.5% England, 3.2% New Zealand, 1.0% India, 1.0% Italy, 0.7% Scotland, 0.6% Zimbabwe, 0.5% Netherlands, 0.4% United States of America, 0.4% Malaysia.
85.7% of occupants living in the city communicate in English. The other top languages are 7.8% Other, 1.3% Italian, 0.7% Filipino , 0.4% Vietnamese, 0.3% German, 0.3% Mandarin.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF GERALDTON:
The population density of Geraldton is 140.74 persons per square kilometer. As per the forecast, Geraldton will grow by no less than 15,000 inhabitants by 2026. Geraldton will double in size amid the following ten years. There are a considerable measure of framework upgrades in progress, which will build the interest for laborers and this would prompt numerous specialists coming over to Geraldton for work.
FACTS ABOUT GERALDTON:
- In the year 1974, the Port of the city dispatched its first shipment of mineral sands and in 1975 its last shipment of iron metal.
- Favored with excellent shorelines and warm, sunny climate, Geraldton is one of WA’s water sports hotspots, especially to yacht, surfing, diving and Fishing.
- Geraldton is a territorial administration center. You will discover all that you require here, from shopping, entertainment, food and sports facilities.
- Surfing, and Paddle-surfing, are additionally prevalent activities in and around Geraldton. Prevalent surf spots incorporate Flat Rocks, Greenough, Back Beach and Glenfield.
- The Geraldton Sunshine Festival, set up in 1958, is one of the country’s longest-running celebrations. The event happens every year in October, celebrating the landing of Spring and giving chances to occupants and guests to draw in with local businesses and different associations.