Darwin is the capital of the Northern Territory in Australia. Located on the Timor Sea, Darwin is the biggest city in the meagerly populated Northern Territory, with a population of 136,245. It is the smallest of the Australian capital urban communities and goes about as the Top End’s provincial center. Darwin was initially a pioneer station. Darwin’s vicinity to South East Asia makes it an essential Australian portal to nations, for example, Indonesia and East Timor. The Stuart Highway starts in Darwin, finishing at Port Augusta in Southern Australia. Darwin is additionally a pretty place to visit with scenic views.
POPULATION OF DARWIN IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Darwin in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –116,215
- 2013 –126,200
- 2014 –135,000
- 2015 –142,300
- 2016 – 149,870
The population of Darwin in 2017 is forecasted to be 149,870 + 7531 = 157,401. So, the population of Darwin in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 157,401.
Drawin Population 2017 – 157,401 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DARWIN:
Its population is prominent for the most amazing relative population of Indigenous Australians of any capital city of the nation. In the 2006 assessment, 9.7% of its population were Aboriginal. It’s population went for a change after the Second World War. In 2006, the greatest ancestry bunches in Darwin were, Australian of 36.9%, English 26%, Scottish 8.3%, Irish 6.8%, Chinese 3% and Italian around 2%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DARWIN:
It has a population density of 930 persons per square kilometer. It’s populace extended by 2.2% in 2013-14, giving it the second-fastest improvement rate of all state capitals. With an advancement rate of 2.6 percent for every year, this city is seen as one of the speediest developing regions within Australia. The ranges that have the greatest measure of development within the city of Darwin consolidate Litchfield and Palmerston.
FACTS ABOUT DARWIN:
- Consistently since 1974, the Darwin Beer Can Regata is held at Mindil Beach. Individuals assemble vessels out of brew jars, jugs, and drain containers in the trusts that they will drift in the water.This occasion is supplemented by shows and different challenges to make a thrilling occasion that everybody can appreciate.
- A huge piece of Darwin’s history is that it has been the home of numerous flying pioneers. It was likewise a check point for the London Melbourne Centenary Air Race in 1934. The Darwin Aviation Heritage Center offers sightseers and local people alike a view into this astonishing and fascinating history of the port city of Darwin.
- The World Solar Challenge is a sun based fueled auto race that spread 3,021 km which in the whole separation of the mainland of Australia beginning on the north drift and ends on the south drift. The race draws in contenders from everywhere throughout the world and members come in groups to test their creative cars in the popular race.
- Charles Darwin National Park is named after Charles Darwin, the popular scientist who developed the idea of Darwinism. This park is an extraordinary area for anybody to spend a day, weekend, or considerably more together for a decent excursion.
- The yearly Darwin Festival is another staple of the city of Darwin.