Brisbane is the capital and most crowded city of Queensland in Australia. One of the most oldest cities in Australia, Brisbane was established upon the old countries of the indigenous Turrbal. Named after the Brisbane River on which it is found – which was named after Scotsman Sir Thomas Brisbane.
Currently, Brisbane is surely known for its Queenslander engineering which shapes a great part of the city’s fabricated legacy. The city is a prevalent traveler destination, serving as a portal for guests to Queensland, especially to the Gold Coast. Brisbane is also known for its amazing night life with a lot of clubs and lounges for youngsters to enjoy. The city also boasts some of the best restaurants that serves Indian, Thai, Chinese and many other different types of dishes. Brisbane also provides fantastic surfing facilities for surfing enthusiasts that love trying out their skills.
POPULATION OF BRISBANE IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Brisbane in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –2.099 Million
- 2013 –2.18 Million
- 2014 –2.24 Million
- 2015 –2.3 Million
- 2016 –2.39 Million
Taking a look at the population of Brisbane from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.391 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.0782 Million. Hence, the population of Brisbane in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.39 Million + 0.0782 Million = 2.4682 Million. So, the population of Brisbane in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.4682 Million.
Population Of Brisbane 2017 – 2.4682 Million (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BRISBANE:
The 2011 enumeration demonstrated that 2% of Brisbane’s population were of indigenous origin and 29.7% were born abroad. Of those from outside of Australia, the four most predominant nations of birth were the United Kingdom, India, New Zealand and China. Around 17.9% of family units spoke a dialect other than English, with the most widely recognized dialects being Mandarin 1.5%, Cantonese 0.9%, Samoan 0.6%, Vietnamese 0.9% and Spanish 0.6%.
Brisbane has the most astounding population of Taiwanese Australian natives of any city in the country and the most astounding proportion of Korean Australians outside of Sydney.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BRISBANE:
The city has a population density of 379.4 people per square kilometer. Greater Brisbane showed solid population growth and when solidified with the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coasts, represented about 75% of population growth in the Sunshine State. It has the biggest population growth rate of any capital city in the nation. During the year 2012 and 2013, the quantity of occupants in Greater Brisbane extended by 2.1%.
FACTS ABOUT BRISBANE:
- Getting around Brisbane is simple, great food, including awesome fish and accomadation is reasonable, particularly in a portion of the city’s comfortable, exquisite B&Bs.
- Eating and drinking in the city is about open air encounters and numerous spots have gigantic windows opening onto verdant roads with tables and seats spilling on walkways.
- A buffet of social offerings makes the city as Queensland’s epicenter for arts with world-class exhibitions, historical centers, theaters, live music venues and events.
- In the year 2003, the Downtown Brisbane was perceived as the world’s best downtown region by the International Downtown Association, beating the most marvelous urban areas of the world.
- Brisbane’s chief shopping destination, the Queen Street Mall was worked to convey a definitive shopping knowledge. This shopping center expands around 500M and has more than 700 retailers with a large area for many brands to fit in.