Alice Springs is the third biggest town in the Northern Territory, Australia. Alice Springs is located generally in the geographic focal point of Australia. The name Alice Springs was given by surveyor William Whitfield Mills after Lady Alice Todd, spouse of the broadcast pioneer Sir Charles Todd.
Alice Springs has a population of about 28,605, which makes up 12.2 percent of the territory’s population. Alice Springs is almost equidistant from Adelaide and Darwin. The town straddles the typically dry Todd River on the north side of the MacDonnell Ranges. The encompassing locale is known as Central Australia, or the Red Center, an arid environment comprising of a few distinct deserts.
The city has a rich past associated it and there are numerous structures and buildings that would certainly remind you of the old era of the city and how it actually looked like during that time.
POPULATION OF ALICE SPRINGS IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Alice Springs in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –25,743
- 2013 –26,304
- 2014 –27,262
- 2015 –27,972
- 2016 – 28,539
The population of Alice Springs in 2017 is forecasted to be 28,539 + 223 = 28,762. So, the population of Alice Springs in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 28,762.
Population of Alice Spring 2017 – 28,762 (estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ALICE SPRINGS:
In the year 2006, the biggest ancestry groups in the city were Australian (31.4%), English (22.3%), Irish (7.1%), Scottish (7.1%), Australian Aboriginal (5.7%), despite the fact that note that a far more noteworthy proportion of the town’s inhabitants recognize as Aboriginal) and Italian (1.7%). Although 74.7% of its population was born in Australia, the most well-known spots of birth for settlers in 2006 Census were the United Kingdom (3.4%), New Zealand (3%), America (1.9%), and Philippines (0.8%).
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ALICE SPRINGS:
The population density of Alice Springs is 178 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of Alice Springs has been on the moderate side each passing year the rate of growth escalates at a higher pace, which results in more people living in the town.
FACTS ABOUT ALICE SPRINGS:
- Everybody realizes that Alice Springs has a hot amid summer, yet numerous individuals don’t understand that it has freezing amid winter.
- Alice Springs is the main significant town and administration community for a region that is generally the size of Texas. That is the reason the town has such a large number of administrations, shops, and sporting facilities.
- The city’s temperatures can differ drastically, with a normal temperature in summer of 35.6 °C and a temperature in winter of 5.1 °C.
- World War II conveyed critical changes to Alice Springs. Before the war, Alice Springs was a great degree segregated settlement of less than 500 individuals. Amid the war, nonetheless, the town was a greatly dynamic arranging base, known as No. 9 Australian Staging Camp and a warehouse base for the long four-day excursion to Darwin.
- Currently, the town is a vital vacationer center and administration place for the encompassing range. It is a well selected town for its size, with a few extensive lodgings, a world-class tradition center and a decent range of guest attractions, eateries, and different services.